Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Aloha!

Heath and I recently returned from the American Dental Association's Annual Session in Honolulu. I would like to thank all of our Chi-town friends for guilt-tripping Heath into coming with and my wonderful father-in-law for bartering his well-earned frequent flyer miles. Having Heath along definitely made the trip that much more amazing.

With the exception of my conference responsibilities, it was a pretty chill trip. Just what the doctor ordered after kind of a kooky summer. The only day we really "did" anything was on Wednesday. We rented a car and drove to the windward side of Oahu. It was much less built up than Waikiki, which is where our hotel was. The beaches were absolutely stunning and the water was warm and clear. We rented a kayak and paddled our way between a couple small islands.

While we didn't have the chance to do any snorkeling we did get in some beach time and plenty of pina coladas.








6 comments:

Marta said...

Beautiful! I'm glad it was relaxing.

Jessica and Adam Herndon said...

Looks like fun and beautiful surroundings! I must say you have some of THE best business trips!
PS...I need your new address for bday fun:)

dena said...

welcome back!

Amy and Andrew said...

Looks dreamy...

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff said...

I've driven around that side of Oahu before and it is really nice. Snorkeling is well worth checking out on your next trip. Didn't get to try Kayaking though. I look forward to seeing you both in December!