Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Celebration

This Sunday we had a few good friends over for Easter dinner. By a few, I mean 16.

I was, admittedly, a little stressed in the planning, but Heath was great and by Saturday evening a card table and clearance plates from Target cured most of my anxiety.

As appetizers we had mussels cooked in white wine and shallots along with some delicious cheeses and crackers. Our first course was inspired by something we had in Paris: shrimp, avocado, sun dried tomato and a little cayenne pepper tossed in olive oil. The main dish was a spring pasta: capellini with zucchini, yellow squash, red onions and grape tomatoes — yum!We had a green salad to go with as well as this crusty "rustic" bread Heath baked.

Our guests provided dessert, drinks and poetry.

It was a full house, but a lot of fun.


[some of our guests]





[shots of the table & mussels]


2 comments:

Tania P. said...

WOW!!! I LOVED YOUR TABLE! GOOD JOB HONEY, IAM SO PROUD OF YOU.
LOVE,
MOM

Mary said...

Hi there, folks. This is Mary, Lisa's friend in GRand Rapids. I so enjoyed meeting you two a few months back when you talked me into going to a movie. ha. This Easter celebration looks fantastic--joyful and lovely. Hope to see you in GR soon. And please come by my blog sometime!