Saturday, April 18, 2009

DC

This week I [Heath] was in DC, primarily to visit Mackensey, whose first year at Georgetown is winding down. In addition, I enjoyed the hospitality of the Pietrangelos - staying at various times with Renee, Tony, and Tania - as well as my first-ever Nationals game, good times catching up with old friends, and some quality time with my mom, who came into the city on Wednesday evening to watch Mackensey play (my dad made a guest appearance just in time for a joint Pietrangelo-Carter family dinner, but had to take off bright and early thursday morning).

Here are some pictures from the week:



Renee and I at the Nationals game. It was a bit chilly for their home opener, but particularly cold were the Nats, who couldn't field a ball if their lives depended on it, resulting in a 9-8 loss to the world champion Phillies.



Mackensey and her friend Demi also came out for the game. Trying to cram ourselves into a packed train headed for the ballpark was a bit of a challenge...



>

I spent Monday evening as well as the first part of Tuesday spending time with the Hansen family, also visiting from Chicago. Their son James, who I've tutored the past three years, was checking out Georgetown.





>



One of the highlights of the trip was being able to watch my sister play collegiate softball for the first time. Her team eked out a hard-fought, 2-1 victory over University of Maryland [Baltimore County]. These Hoyas are definitely becoming more dangerous as the season moves along.



Also fun was being able to meet so many of Mackensey's friends, including Sophie and her future roommate Skye [pictured above with the glasses];



as well as her softball teammates [pictured above on the way to Relay for Life].



And of course it was wonderful to spend time with my mom. We enjoyed people watching on Healy lawn on a beautiful Friday afternoon.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Hah. You've been to DC more than I have this year, and it's my damn hometown.