Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Overdue | San Antonio

I've been slacking on posting post-marathon. That is in large part because things have been moving so quickly since then. The day after running I had to go into work Monday and Tuesday since Wednesday I would be leaving for the American Dental Association's annual session in San Antonio.

While I was somewhat crippled at the beginning of the week, I was able to walk the show floor in high heels, as is stipulated in my contract as editor in chief (just kidding).

In addition to talking to plenty of dentists and manufacturers, we did find time to have fun, including a great BBQ dinner at this place called Rudy's and stopping by the Alamo which, by the way, is much less impressive in person.

Here are some of the take-aways of the trip...

Me with some fans of Modern Hygienist


Christine, Steve and I...Steve spent the evening telling anyone who would listen that Christine had left both her husband and the Mormon church just that morning—hilarious!



Christine with Ruben and Benny, the wonderful bartenders at the Marriott across from the convention center. Can I just say that the Red Snapper is one of the tastiest drinks I've ever tried?


Beautiful shots of the Riverwalk




My co-workers cutting a rug at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse...there was a band, so it made sense




Scenes from the Alamo



Me and Christine...not my best shot but it's a pretty smile from Christine

1 comment:

Tania P. said...

Hi children,
Iam always trying to catch up with your news and life, I love your blog.I have to say that thais is right when she said that we were so involved in this election year, history was made and iam happy to say i was part of it,iam so happy for the outcome, you guys did a fantastic job converting people (LOL).
I loved the picture of Violet with the Obama sine.