Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Best of the Rest

The Wednesday after Christmas, Heath and I trekked down to both Richmond and Fredericksburg to meet up with our friends Ben & Mary and Celeste & John, respectively. It was great to catch up.

That Thursday, we had lunch with Jeff Forrest at the Tombs and walked around Georgetown for most of the afternoon. We then met up with Aunt Renee, Tiara and Grandma for high tea at the Ritz Carlton, which was fantastic. That night, we walked down to a Vietnamese place near my dad's apartment and had a great dinner.



Friday, Heath had lunch with Father Walsh while I took Violet around Georgetown for the first time. We then met up with my dad for a rousing game of Scrabble and then all headed out to Rockville for dinner at Greenfield's, a chuhascaria (Brazilian steakhouse), where we gorged ourselves on meat and, in my case, fried bananas. So good!




A nice mix of resting, catching up and eating, our time in VA/DC was well-spent. We were, however, eager to get back to the friendly (snowy!) confines of our condo in Chicago, and arrived safely home Saturday night.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Thanks for making me a part of the trip, it means a lot knowing how many people you folks are catching up with during your trip. It was very nice catching up with you both and remind myself that outside exists, didn't mind the chance to walk around Georgetown some either. Hopefully I'll catch up with y'all again sooner than later, failing all else I'll send an application or two to Rush or Northeastern just for an excuse to go.

Jessica and Adam Herndon said...

Looks like you both were kepy festively busy as well! Cant wait to see you in a few weeks!!