Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sewing Project 3 | Apron and Oven Mitt

I can say that this particular project was not exactly what I expected. I finished the apron first, a couple weeks ago. It was larger than I imagined and as soon as I was done I wished I had gone with the other apron pattern in the book which goes over the chest.

This evening, Lisa A. came over for some sewing fun and I got started on my matching oven mitt. Originally, the plan was to have a pair, but having completed the one—one is enough!

I'm making my way through this heavier khaki fabric that I originally purchased for my bag. It's sturdy, which is great, but it's not that exciting. Anyway, it was a little thicker than the mitt instructions called for, so turning it inside out at the end was quite the workout.

My take-aways for this project include learning to stitch a swirl and that and old towel can serve as sufficient batting for the mitt.

The final product:



6 comments:

Jessica and Adam Herndon said...

Cute kitchen ware! However, you must not be in the kitchen much cause look at that skinny bod!

Sarah said...

You are on a roll, girlfriend!

Amy and Andrew said...

You look so cute! Love the swirl pattern.

Marta said...

I'm liking the teal/blue accents, Thais. Nice work.

Melissa Ansley said...

Alright, you are really inspiring me to want to learn how to do this stuff... :)

Tania P. said...

Dear Thais,
Iam so proud of you.
I loved the apron!!!!!!!! it looks so good on you.
Keep up the good work.
Love,
MOM