Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sewing Project 2 | Simple Tote Bag

So, before I post the only picture I have of my little bag, I have to tell you why there is only one picture...

Heath was out with some friends while I was working away. I had just completed the bag when I went to go get the camera from the other room. On my way back into the living room I tripped on a bump in the carpet and dropped the camera. Not only did I drop it, I dropped it right into a glass of water! I was mortified.

So, the camera is ka-put for now and I had to use the camera on my (not nearly as high-tech as an iPhone) cell.




But there you have it, my first bag. Congrats, friends—you won't just be getting pillows and baby blankets for birthdays and holidays. :-)

UPDATE | It's a miracle! Our camera is working again! Here are some additional pictures of the bag which offer a better take on its colors.


8 comments:

Amy and Andrew said...

You are on a ROLL!

Jacque Carter said...

CUTE!

Jessica and Adam Herndon said...

Cute! So you only took one class and now you are doing these projects on your own?? Impressive gift items!!

Alli said...

I love it! You're practically a pro now! About the camera, I spilled water on our keyboard once and ruined it (for a month, the i, k, and 8 buttons didn't work). We had to buy a new one, BUT the support people told me that water itself doesn't ruin electronics, power applied to wet electronics does. So, if you spill on something and let it dry out before you turn it on (or, if you turn it off fast enough maybe), it should be fine! Just for future reference. I thought that was good info to know!

tania cecato said...

Dear Thais
I loved the tote bag and I am requesting one for mother's day, just put a couple of pocketts for me to use for my book club.
Congratulations! you are the best.
Love, mom dearest

Sarah said...

dude. you ARE on a roll! very pretty!

jenny smith: said...

yes. i will be ordering one. thank you! so cute!

Carol said...

i love it!