Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sewing Project 1 | Baby Blanket

Since I hope to be putting up a variety of sewing projects in the coming weeks and months, witness my first project since Sewing 101: My baby blanket.

The stitches along the border aren't perfect but for the most part, I'm quite proud of it. I think the interior pattern is very cute with all round, little animal faces. I hope to use this skill towards more personalized gift giving moving forward.





As an update, Lisa A. posted some pics from our original Sewing 101 experience here. Check them out.

And, to give you a head's up as to what comes next for Janice (my sewing machine) and I, I picked up this book at The Needle Shop:


Lotta Jansdotter's "Simple Sewing"

Internationally celebrated designer Lotta Jansdotter collects 24 of her most popular sewing patterns into one irresistible collection. Our innovative packaging makes for easy use reusable pattern sheets are neatly tucked into a folder inside this full-color, lay-flat spiral bound book. Lotta has included patterns for handy tote bags, smart aprons, chic bed linens, and much more. Each project is paired with step-by-step instructions, charming photographs, inspiring design ideas, and helpful, hand-drawn how-to illustrations everything you need to make whimsical pieces for the home and beyond. Best of all, there's nothing complicated about the projects. Never has simplicity looked so sophisticated.

I hope to have all sorts of new things to share with you in the near future!

6 comments:

Amy and Andrew said...

Nice work on the blanket. Looking forward to what you and Janice will create together!

Sarah said...

I love that fabric! So cute! Glad that you are sharing your projects on here.

Alli said...

It's so cute Thais! I'm impressed.

Jessica and Adam Herndon said...

LOVE the blanket!! The animals are super cute. I love seeing your projects...it's inspiring for more ideas of what I should do next:)

Jessica and Adam Herndon said...

PS...isnt this technically project 2? What happened to the pillow? or was this a none class project?

Jacque Carter said...

I am looking forward to being able to hold a baby in that blanket one day.