Monday, January 26, 2009

Sewing 101

After months of envying my friends who can sew and as an effort to meet my New Years' resolution of being more creative outside of work, I decided to sign up for a Sewing 101 class at this cute place called The Needleshop.


The class is super small—just four people and the instructor. Our instructor, Kaitlyn, was very chill, patient and funny.


Lisa A. and I spent Saturday morning in their basement learning the basics about our machines and then constructing very basic (but very gratifying) pillows. It's just a first step, but putting in the zipper felt good! Next step: Baby blankets.

[don't get any ideas, it's just the next level in the class]





This class would not have been possible without my sewing machine (recently christened, Janice) that mom gave me three years ago. Thanks! I also have to thank Jacque for all the sewing paraphernalia she got me for Christmas. :-)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah girl! Love the pillow! Maybe YOU'LL be leading the sewing instruction at ResCov! :) Glad that the class was fun...

Amy and Andrew said...

Nice work! I love the fabric choice!

Melissa Ansley said...

So cute! You should see the ones I tried to make myself a couple weeks ago...yikes. I need a class like this!

Jessica and Adam Herndon said...

LOVE IT!! YAY now we can share sewing project ideas:)

Tiara Pietrangelo said...

Looove the pillow, it's gorgeous! I'm excited to see your baby blanket :)