Friday, January 9, 2009

Rough Week

While I emerged from our winter break feeling rested and rejuvenated, this first week back at work has pulled me right back into a tired, stressed out place.

* A tight deadline is made tighter thanks to uncooperative authors.
* One of my staff is making me crazy.
* Some of the agencies we work with are dropping the ball, leading to all sorts of issues.
* Meetings upon meetings have prevented me from crossing very basic things off my to-do list.
* Worst of all, 4 wonderful members of our team were let go this week, including my absolutely fantastic boss. He was a real ally of mine, a good sounding board, honest, funny and affirming of me even when I thought I was going nuts. The redesign I've been working so hard on wouldn't have happened without him.

All this to say: I'm pretty sad, I haven't been sleeping well, I'm stressed and I swear I've noticed more gray hair in the last 3 days.

There are some rays of hope and good news...
* My friend Jessica just got offered a job teaching ESL in Virginia Beach
* The first issue of the redesign finally arrived and looks beautiful

Please pray for my friends and colleagues looking for work and pray for me as I try to hold it together and persevere.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, Thais, sorry for such a rough week, you must really be feeling it. I'll pray for you guys.

Amy and Andrew said...

That IS a rough week. Isn't it interesting how it can take days of a vacation before you start to feel relaxed, but only moments for it all to unravel upon your return? We will keep you and your friends in our prayers.

Unknown said...

I identify with how you are feeling! This week during our breaking free study, we looked at the verse from Jeremiah 2:13 that says, "My people have committed two sins. They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water." Now, I'm not trying to call out any sins (I swear!), but I'm just saying that I've definitely felt this week like a broken cistern that is lacking Christ's living water. I'll definitely pray for you that He will fill you up as well with His living water to allow you to experience satisfaction in the midst of such frustration!

Jacque Carter said...

I've been praying girlie! So very sorry. :(

Carol said...

sorry work's been so rough. :(

that's really too bad about people getting laid off.

Jessica and Adam Herndon said...

Sorry last week was such a tough one! We'll definately be praying and hopefully things will be looking up this week. Thanks for the shout out and call me if I can be a means of encouragement through everything like you continue to be for me! XOXO