Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Apples for Alli

I've always wanted to go apple picking in the fall. There's something very storybook about it. Well, this past weekend I finally had the opportunity.

(Heath would have come too, but he had 146 books to read. Yes, 146 is the correct number.)

But back to apple picking...

For our friend Alli's birthday, we wen to the All Season Orchard in Woodstock, IL. It was a great afternoon. Not only did I get to buy some tasty apple butter, but there was an apple canon, wagon ride, juggling (thanks, TK), and rows and rows of beautiful apple orchard.











I split a 1/2 bushel (trust me, a lot) with Hauna, TK and Sarah. They were excellent picking buddies and McIntosh, Gala, Cortland and Shensu were very tasty. I see a pie in our future...



For more beautiful photos, see Sarah's blog or the Daigle's blog.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Let me know how your pie is! Our applesauce is yummy and I'm trying to find a good apple doughnut recipe. Those were TO DIE FOR!!!

Amy and Andrew said...

I made an apple pie the other night that is pretty good... and easy, considering we cut out the most difficult and noble step: the crust. I felt like I officially initiated myself into fall. Good luck with your pie!

(And good luck tomorrow by the way! We're thinking of you!)

Alli said...

No kidding a 1/2 bushel is a log! Luke and I made an apple pie the other night (we bought the dough too...), used them for bobbing apples on Sat. night, and we still have more apples than we know what to do with!