Friday, July 23, 2010

4th of July

This year, we had a BBQ extravaganza over July 4th weekend. On Saturday, Kaitlyn and the Carters came over for burgers (of the black bean variety for those of us on WW) and bags (also known as cornhole).
[a couple photos courtesy of Mackensey]


The next day, we went over to a BBQ at our neighbor's house. This was HUGE, as it was the first invite from someone in the neighborhood. Monica and Carlos were hosting a Mexican feast and between Heath flexing his Spanish skills and the kids loving on Miss V., it was a total blast.

After that, we headed over to Jackie and Joel's for a rooftop view of the city's fireworks. It was really beautiful. Every year I think I won't be super impressed by the fireworks, but then I find myself just as tickled as when I was a kid. On top of that, the conversation was top-notch.



No comments: