Friday, September 25, 2009

My Desert Adventure

I feel the need to include this disclaimer: My work-related travel is usually not this cool. I think 2009 will go down as having some of the best work trips ever. I've looked at next year's calendar and trust me, it's not nearly as exciting.

Last week I found myself on a plane to Moab, Utah or, more accurately to Grand Junction, Colorado (via Denver), and then a 2-hour shuttle ride to the Red Cliffs Lodge in Moab, Utah. A new company is launching an online based (vs. server based) practice management software. I won't get all wonky on you with why it's cool but believe me when I say it's pretty amazing.

This trip was basically a marketer's dream of how to introduce a product to the dental media and key opinion leaders. We watched the demo, sitting on a beautiful bluff as the sun went down in the desert. We debated the merits of imaging software under the stars. We discussed the feasibility of marketing via social networks while on ATVs. It was incredible.

Here are just a few of the pictures from my time. They DO NOT do the scenery justice. Also, it was my first time riding an ATV. I went off-road (accidentally!) twice. By the second leg of the trip, though, I was doing okay. :-)

[on the river, headed to our dinner on the bluff]




[scenes from the bluff, where I had







[the view from the patio where we had breakfast]


[atv adventures, including lunch at a cattle ranch]







No comments: